2. 英国大选就是个教训。民调也不过是戛纳的“外卖餐点”：预测是傻瓜才干的事。一整周，坊间盛传托德?海因斯的女同性恋恋爱故事《卡罗尔》将斩获金棕榈最佳影片奖，或者拉斯洛?杰莱斯László Nemes 处女作《索尔的儿子》Son of Saul将折桂。最后几天，共识则是来自台湾的导演侯孝贤（Hou Hsiao-Hsien）指导的《刺客聂隐娘》（The Assassin）将问鼎大奖。且据英国博彩分析，《龙虾》是个难缠的对手。但是，最终宣布雅克?欧迪亚Jacques Audiard's 《流浪的迪潘》Dheepan获奖时，大家一致惊讶表示：“真的吗？”所有的评论员、影评人小组、内部八卦、数据统计、上帝都知道，只是少有人提及罢了。好吧，这就是生活。
3. When many millennials struggle to find jobs or make do in low-skilled positions, these masters programmes achieve strong employment rates thanks to their links with corporate partners and alumni networks.
4. A lone European telephone bidder paid a top price of 9.1 million for a smaller 1825 version of John Constable’s admired but difficult-to-love 1824 vertical landscape, “The Lock,” that had been in the same British family since 1855.
5. Belize's proximity to Mexico and the Caribbean ensures the street-food scene, providing an abundance of budget meal options.
6. Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) announced that it would put $30 billion of its cash toward share repurchases. The news made investors happy: The stock popped, and even a week later was up 12% relative to the S&P over that same 7-day period. The buybacks were part of a larger $130 billion capital return program that the company said would extend through 2015.