1. Foreigners with permanent residence enjoy the same rights as Chinese citizens, such as in investment, housing purchases and schooling, among other rights.
2. The dip for the Caixin gauge, which concentrates on smaller and private manufacturers, stands in contrast to a pickup for China’s official manufacturing PMI, which focuses primarily on large, state-owned enterprises. The divergence may indicate that smaller outfits have been hit harder by pollution curbs and other regulatory tightening than their larger, state-run competitors, which also enjoy privileged access to state-run lenders.
3. But the developments also point to the vast gap in the use of such cases between the US and EU, where a debate is under way over whether to grant China “market economy” status in the World Trade Organisation, a concession that would make it even harder to bring anti-dumping cases.
4. You qualify as a type D personality if you scored 10 or higher on both Negative Affectivity and Social Inhibition scales.
1. With assets under management of $200bn, according to Nomura Securities, Japan’s ETF market is about $50bn larger than all other Asia-Pacific ETF markets put together. At the end of August, the market value of the BOJ’s ETF holdings was $175bn.
2. Annual prices had been rising as much as 9.6 per cent at the start of this year but they've cooled since then as the economy slows and many mid-sized Chinese cities suffer from a glut of apartments.
4. Performances by Kelly Clarkson, Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert rocked the house at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
5. 在2017年FT对全球95个管理学硕士项目的排行中，虽然瑞士圣加仑大学(University of St Gallen)继续蝉联冠军，但法国和英国商学院分别以24个和18个项目入围成为中坚力量。超过一半的英国商学院排名上升，而只有一家法国商学院排名上升。三分之一的英国商学院排名上升5位，相比之下，三分之二的法国商学院排名下降5位或更多。
3. 52% of the world lived in extreme poverty in 1981. This number dropped down by 21% in 2010, as 721 million fewer people no longer live in absolute poverty.
4. Human bodies are frail, easily damaged packages full of parts that can never fully come back once lost. Luckily, researchers worldwide are working on replacing every bit of the body to make us all cyborgs.
5. Consumer and producer prices are still either muted or in deflationary territory in China – but last month marked something of an uptick for each.
6. Mayweather vs McGregor Fight
1. 用户在百度搜索平台上最常点阅的新闻事件是，为纪念二战胜利70周年于9月3日在北京举行的阅兵仪式。在此次庆祝活动中，上万名军人接受了现任国家主席习近平、前任主席胡锦涛和江泽民，以及多位外国领导人的检阅，其中包括俄罗斯总统弗拉基米尔·V·普京(Vladimir V. Putin)。
3. The area is close to the city centre and the demolition contractors had to make sure that when they brought down the buildings they did not damage a light rail viaduct nearby or a shopping mall and electricity sub-station.
4. China is the most striking wild card that will drive agricultural markets, said Stefan Vogel, head of agri commodity markets at Rabobank,
5. On the long voyage to World Cup triumph, Belgium and Uruguay are two icebergs that the favorites would rather avoid. Both nations, despite being underdogs in this year's tournament, have the ability and the nous to upset their bigger and brasher rivals. Yet it's remarkable, given their small size and history as geopolitical doormats, that they remain competitive at all.
2. 内容来自:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/read/201303/232075.shtmlThose looking for greater happiness and satisfaction in life should head to northern Europe, but steer clear of Egypt and countries worst hit by the eurozone crisis, according to the 2013 World Happiness Report released Monday by Columbia University's Earth Institute.
IMD participants praised the way their training pushed them out of their comfort zones and also the one-on-one coaching sessions tailored to their individual business situations. “It was an eye opener about what a good leader is,” commented one participant. “We learnt about ourselves first, what drives us and why, in order to manage others.”